Man Group Invests in Asteria


July 12, 2023

On June 29, 2023, Man Group PLC announced a majority investment in Swiss asset manager Asteria.

Under the terms of the agreement, Man Group PLC (“MG”) has acquired a 51% stake in Asteria, with the remaining 49% of the Company remaining with Fideuram – Intesa Sanpaolo Private Banking. Financial terms were not disclosed.

MG, based in London, is a hedge fund manager servicing primarily institutional clients. As of March 31, 2023, MG had $144.7 billion in assets under management across all funds and affiliates.

Asteria, based in Geneva, is a boutique asset manager focusing on ESG-friendly sustainable investments and infrastructure private debt strategy. 

To read the press release: please click here.

The opinions expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the firm or its clients, or any of its or their respective affiliates. This article is for general information purposes and is not intended to be and should not be taken as legal advice.