The Principal/Empresas Penta Purchase Agreement Made Public

November 13, 2012

The Principal Financial Group has filed with the SEC its Sale and Purchase Agreement with Empresas Penta S.A. and Inversiones Banpenta Limitada to purchase AFP Cuprum S.A.


On October 8, 2012, The Principal Financial Group (NYSE: PFG) announced that it signed a definitive agreement to acquire 100% of AFP Cuprum S.A, a leading pension manager in Chile.  Under the terms of the agreement, Empresas Penta S.A. and Inversiones Banpenta Limitada sold their 63% ownership stake in Cuprum pursuant to a public tender offer, which also includes the remaining 37% of publically traded shares.  On November 13, 2012, The Principal filed with the SEC the Sale and Purchase Agreement.  For the full Agreement, please click here.

For more information on the deal, please go to our 10/15/12 post.


Categories

Agreement Terms, Investment Manager M&A, Transactions