Sun Life to Acquire Majority Stake in Advisors Asset Management


October 21, 2022

On September 1, 2022, Sun Life announced plans to acquire a majority stake in Advisors Asset Management.

Under the terms of the transaction, Sun Life Financial Inc. (“Sun Life”) announced plans to acquire a majority stake in Advisors Asset Management, Inc. (“Advisors”). Sun Life will pay US $214 million to acquire a 51% stake in Advisors, with a put /call option to acquire the remaining 49% in 2028. Advisors will join Sun Life as the retail distribution arm of SLC Management, SunLife’s alternative asset management division.

Sun Life, based in Toronto, is a financial services organization operating in a number of markets worldwide. Sunlife has $1.26 trillion in assets under management.

Advisors, based in New York, is a registered investment advisor that provides financial planning, mutual funds, portfolio analytics, and exchange-traded funds. Advisors manages over $3.8 billion in client assets.

To read the press release: please click here.

The opinions expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the firm or its clients, or any of its or their respective affiliates. This article is for general information purposes and is not intended to be and should not be taken as legal advice.