Sun Life Invests in Advisors Asset Management


On February 1, 2023, Sun Life announced the acquisition of a majority stake in Advisors Asset Management.

Under the terms of the transaction, originally announced in September 2022, Sun Life Financial Inc. (“Sun Life”) has completed the acquisition of a 51% stake in Advisors Asset Management, Inc. (“Advisors”). Sun Life paid US $214 million for the stake, with a put/call option to acquire the remaining 49% in 2028. Advisors has joined Sun Life as the retail distribution arm of SLC Management, SunLife’s alternative asset management division.

Sun Life, based in Toronto, is a financial services organization operating worldwide. Sunlife has $1.26 trillion in assets under management.

Advisors, based in New York, is a registered investment advisor that provides financial planning, mutual funds, portfolio analysis, and exchange-traded funds. Advisors manages approximately $3.8 billion in client assets.

To read the press release: please click here.

The opinions expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the firm or its clients, or any of its or their respective affiliates. This article is for general information purposes and is not intended to be and should not be taken as legal advice.