Mitsubishi UFJ Acquires Majority Stake in AlbaCore Capital


April 19, 2023

On March 20, 2023, Mitsubishi UFJ announced the acquisition of a majority stake in AlbaCore Capital.

Under the terms of the transaction, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation (“Mitsubishi”), has acquired a majority interest in AlbaCore Capital Management LLP (“AlbaCore”). Under the terms of the deal, Mitsubishi will initially acquire 75% of AlbaCore, with an option to purchase the remaining 25%. Financial terms were not disclosed, with press reports estimating its value around $760 million. 

Mitsubishi, based in Japan, is the banking subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group.

Albacore, based in the UK, is an asset manager focusing on private debt products in the European market. AlbaCore has $9.5 billion in assets under management. 

To read the press release: please click here.

The opinions expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the firm or its clients, or any of its or their respective affiliates. This article is for general information purposes and is not intended to be and should not be taken as legal advice.