GAM to Acquire Arkos Capital

February 29, 2012

On February 28, 2012, GAM Group AG announced that it had agreed to purchase 100% of Switzerland-based investment manager Arkos Capital SA.


On February 28, 2012, GAM Group AG announced that it had agreed to purchase 100% of the issued share capital of Arkos Capital SA.  Arkos is a Lugano, Switzerland-based investment manager with approximately CHF 664 million in assets under management.  Arkos manages low volatility, liquid, and transparent absolute return funds, onshore and offshore.  GAM is an independent, active investment manager with approcimately CHF 50.7 billion in assets under management.  Under the terms of the agreement, GAM will acquire 74.95% of Arkos’ share capital, immediately upon the receipt of certain regulatory approvals, which are expected to be received before the end of the second quarter of 2012.  The remaining 25.05% will be acquired through deferred cash payments linked to the future development of the business.  When the transaction is complete, all of Arkos’ products will be distributed under the GAM brand. 

To read the press release, please click here.


Categories

Investment Manager M&A, Transactions