Amlin Increases Stake in Leadenhall Capital to 75%

October 29, 2014

On October 24, 2014, Amlin plc announced that it had agreed to acquire an additional 35% stake in Leadenhall Capital Partners LLP, bringing its ownership to 75%.


On October 24, 2014, Amlin plc (“Amlin”) announced that it had agreed to acquire an additional 35% stake in Leadenhall Capital Partners LLP (“Leadenhall”) by means of a partial acquisition of each individual partner’s holding. Amlin’s stake in Leadenhall will increase from 40% to 75%.  Leadenhall’s individual partners will continue to hold the remaining 25% interest. The final consideration amount will be determined by Leadenhall’s future profitability and will be payable in three installments through May 2016.

Leadenhall was founded in 2008 and, as of September 2014, has a total of $1.8 billion of assets under management across three separate funds and managed accounts.  Amlin is an independent global insurer with operations in the Reinsurance, Marine & Aviation and Property & Casualty markets.

The transaction is not subject to any conditions, regulatory or otherwise.

To view the Press Release, please click here.


Categories

Investment Manager M&A, Investment Manager Strategic Investments, Transactions